Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Andrew Hubbard present work

I work in two areas, both are based on building confidence and learning for Disabled students.
I am a part time tutor in the Adult Education Department of my university in Swansea South Wales.

I am self employed and deliver training courses on Disability Equality and Diversity.
My work in University is as a tutor in Creative Writing and performing arts. I run a group of disabled students called ‘Creating Ourselves’, I know that we can all write a better life narrative.  Creative Writing texts: Andrew Hubbard and Debra Llewelyn.

Many of the students in my classes have not had a traditional education and are gaining their first taste of confidence and independence, finding a voice and sharing experiences in a creative methodology. Theatre Forum Techniques are employed to give the perspective of the ‘other person’; writing dialogues for performance pieces based on the stereotypes and assumptions about disabled people’s lives.

The Libertine.

As a blind actor Andrew Hubbard was asked to play a small cameo role in a new film on location in Wales. A secret excitement ran through the crowds of extras as we drank coffee in a freezing cold marquee in the early morning.The security was tight and the star remained a mystery until the last minute in make - up and the wig departnmet when I was told, in a loud whisper, the star of the film ‘Libertine’ was Jonny Depp.
At lunch I sat in a trailer with Johnny Depp and John Malcovich eating very good welsh black beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment